On a mission....
The St. John's Playground Committee is made up of eight moms. We all have children who attend St. John's, and we would love to have a playground for all the students, but it is about more than a playground.....
The St. John Catholic Elementary School Playground Development Project is a home-school-parish initiative that will build a fabulous play area to enhance the use of the property! Through this initiative, we want to bring the people of our community together. This will show our children how important it is to work together, and that by doing this, we can achieve anything! This project will also demonstrate to our children that they matter to us, and that we want to “let them be kids” and enjoy their play time! This May 29, 2010, the Perth community will gather at an inspiring celebration where we - students, parents, grandparents, siblings, parish members, business owners and employees, and other community members - will build the playground together!
• To improve the relationships within our school, home and parish community
• To provide a FUN, safe and accessible playground for all, while promoting health and physical activity
• To increase parental involvement in school activities
• To provide our youth with leadership and volunteer opportunities that will lead them to a life time of leadership and community involvement
• To create a sense of pride and ownership by having our students and community members involved in the planning, financing, and construction of the playground project
Diane Jackson, Donna Poole, Louise Bron, Brenda Noonan, Julie Barr-Dowdall, Erin Crain, Melanie O’Neil, and Beth McNally have joined together to create the St. John's Playground Committee.
We hope you will register to help show your community pride on May 29th and be part of something great!
Please contact us at any time! We'd love to hear from you!